Private Medical Insurance
Private Medical Insurance can be taken out by Individuals and families.
- Insures against the cost of private hospital treatment
- Quick admission to hospital and speedy diagnosis
- Treatment at a convenient time and location for you
- Consultant or specialist of your choice
THE PJA HAVE APPOINTED NUGENT SANTE TO FACILITATE THE SCHEME AND ASSIST PROFESSIONAL JOCKEYS WITH THEIR PRIVATE HEALTHCARE NEEDS.
PJA members are eligible for significant discounts for their private healthcare insurance and many members qualify for financial assistance from either the IJF (grades 2-6) or their Trainers (Apprentices and Conditionals who are on half fees can claim back 50%).
Further information of the discounts are detailed at the bottom of this page.
For further information, please visit www.thepja.co.uk/members-info/insurance/private-medical-insurance/
Please note: PALP does not give advice on any products, however we introduce all of our clients to professional advisers prior to any policies being put in place.
Should you wish to discuss any of the above please fill in the contact form and we will introduce you to one of our specialist advisers.
|STANDARD||£100 Excess||£250 Excess|
The above quotes are a guide only and could differ depending on each Jockeys individual circumstances.
IJF CONTRIBUTIONS TOWARDS PRIVATE HEALTHCARE COSTS
Licensed Jockeys who are members of the Professional Jockeys Association with private healthcare insurance may be eligible to contributions from the Injured Jockeys Fund.
Current contributions are:
- Grade 2 (75-114 rides in previous season) – £500.00
- Grade 3 (115-154 rides in previous season) – £400.00
- Grade 4 (155-199 rides in previous season) – £350.00
- Grade 5 (200–249 rides in previous season) – £300.00
- Grade 6 (250–349 rides in previous season) – £250.00
In order to claim your contribution, please send a copy of your private healthcare certificate to the IJF at the address below:
15 Kings Court
Willie Snaith Road
APPRENTICE AND CONDITIONALS who are on ½ fees are able to claim back 50% of the cost of Private Medical Insurance from their Trainers as part of their Training Agreement.